UPDATE: Our 2014 contest is now over. Here are the winners.
We are giving away a total of $2,000 in cash and prizes in Pets Adviser’s Fourth Annual Halloween Pet Photo Contest. Winners will be announced Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014.
One Grand Prize winner will be chosen by an official panel of judges. The Grand Prize is a $1,000 donation to the registered 501(c)3 nonprofit animal shelter or rescue of the winner’s choice — plus $100 to the winner him- or herself.
Separately, photo rankings on our website will decide People’s Choice winners in three distinct categories: Dog, Cat, and Other Pet. Those will each net $250 donations plus $50 cash.
You’re going to want to share this contest with your friends and family, especially if you work with a nonprofit animal shelter or rescue or if you know someone who does. So hit that Facebook button and share the news. A few hundred dollars goes a long way toward feeding and vetting rescue animals!
The contest launched on October 15, 2014, here at Pets Adviser. The entry period is now over.
Photo ranking for the People’s Choice awards began October 23.
Grand Prize (1)
All accepted photos (“valid entries”) will be eligible to win the Grand Prize.
An official Pets Adviser panel of judges will decide the Grand Prize winner, based on creativity, originality, composition and overall appeal. Photo rankings on our website will NOT be a factor for the Grand Prize.
The Grand Prize award will include the following:
- $1,000 donation to the registered 501(c)3 non-profit animal rescue or shelter of the winner’s choice
- Featured article on Pets Adviser about that shelter or rescue
- In addition, the Grand Prize winner him- or herself will receive $100 by check or PayPal!
- Winner to Be Decided by: A Pets Adviser judging panel will determine the Grand Prize winner; photo rankings on our website will not be a factor for the Grand Prize.
People’s Choice Awards (3)
Three People’s Choice prize winners — one each from Cat, Dog, and Other Pet categories — will be determined solely by a photo ranking system on our website. These three prizes include:
- $250 donation to the registered 501(c)3 non-profit animal rescue or shelter of each winner’s choice
- Featured article on Pets Adviser about those shelters/rescues
- In addition, each People’s Choice winner will receive $50 by check or PayPal
- Winners to Be Decided by: Highest ranking — starts Oct. 23 at 8am and ends Oct. 31 at 11:59pm.
How to Enter
Sorry, the entry period is now closed.
Important Dates to Know
(All times Eastern)
- Entry period begins — Wednesday, Oct. 15, 8am
- Entry period ends — Wednesday, Oct. 22, 11:59pm
- People’s Choice photo ranking available starting — Thursday, Oct. 23, 8am
- People’s Choice photo ranking ends — Friday, Oct. 31 at 11:59pm
- Winners announced on our website — morning of Saturday, Nov. 1 (around 10am)
Pets Adviser would like to thank our readers and subscribers for their continued support. With your help and thanks to advertising revenue raised from this website, we have been able to donate thousands of dollars this year to deserving animal welfare causes.
- Learn more: How Pets Adviser works to make a difference