Pets Adviser, a PR4 pet advice website, sometimes publishes amazing articles from guest writers. Would you like to see your writing on our site? Fantastic! First, please read our guidelines:
- We will respond only to actual submissions, not inquiries about whether we accept guest posts. We DO try to promptly answer all emails that include an actual article.
- Your article should be at least 700 words with subheads and bulletpoints. Paragraphs should be nice and short. The article should really wow us. If it’s boring and same-old, same old, there’s virtually zero chance we’ll publish it. Make us say WOW! We might even pay you for it. How’s that for incentive to make it amazing?
- Your article should not be an overt advertisement for a business. C’mon, our readers see right through that, so it makes both you and us look bad. Your article should be entertaining and conversational — but also contain knowledgeable advice and information our readers can learn from. Include a personal anecdote if you’ve got one, and definitely make sure you “hook” the reader into your article right away within the first couple of paragraphs.
- Want an example of what we’re looking for? This article on litter boxes for long-haired cats was written on a topic most people would consider to be incredibly dull. But the writing is never boring. Granted, it’s not the most amazing article we’ve ever read, but it does the job very well, don’t you think?
- We will not publish articles that link to a website that is totally unrelated to pets (dogs, cats, fish, reptiles, etc.).
- Sorry, but we do NOT link out to online stores selling pets-related merchandise.
- Your writing should be completely your own and never published elsewhere.
- You may include 1-2 links to your website in your bio at the end, or toward the bottom third of the article if relevant.
- When we don’t publish something, it’s usually for one of three reasons:
- The topic was too simplistic or we’ve covered it thoroughly already (we suggest doing a quick search of our site first).
- The article did not blow us away. Actually, it bored us to tears.
- The article linked to a poor website or one that is unrelated to pets. We’re very picky about where we send our readers.
- We edit for grammar, style and clarity. Upon publication, your article automatically becomes the sole property of Pets Adviser. Forever.
Still with us? GREAT! Then by all means, submit your article now. Remember, if you just write to ask if we accept guest submissions, we will not respond — we get many such inquiries and we’d never get anything done around here if we had to do a pre-submission back-and-forth. You understand, right?
Know this: We DO accept amazing content — in fact, we love it! So attach the actual article now, using the form below. We will not publish anything without first discussing it with you, and we promptly respond to emails that include the submission.
Notice: Your submission via this form means you acknowledge and accept the terms above.