Pets Adviser, a pet advice website, sometimes publishes amazing articles from outside writers (we call them “featured contributors”). Would you like to see your writing on our site? Fantastic!
First, please carefully read our guidelines:
- We will respond only to actual article submissions, not inquiries about whether or not we accept guest submissions. We DO accept great writing, and we strive to promptly answer all emails that include an actual article.
- Your article should be at least 700 words with subheads and bulletpoints. Paragraphs should be nice and short. The article should really wow us! If it’s boring and same-old, same-old, there’s no chance we’ll publish it. So make us say… WOW!
- Want some examples? We’ve got plenty. Here are some articles that were submitted to us through this page, and that we were delighted to publish:
- What I’ve Done to Help My Dog Deal With Storm Anxiety
- 10 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Veterinarian
- Beginner Aquarium Setup for the “Average Joe”
- Here Are 5 Tricks My Dog Taught ME
- Ferrets and the Summer Heat: Signs of Heat Stroke
- New Take on Feeding Your Dog Table Scraps: Is It Actually OK?
- 10 Truly Bizarre Pet Accessories
- How My Dog Got Too Big for His Own Good
- What to Expect When You’re Adopting a Pit Bull
- What’s the Deal With Micro Mini Pigs as Pets?
- Your article must not be an overt advertisement for a business, or clearly written solely for SEO purposes. It should be entertaining and conversational (first-person is great!) — but also contain solid advice and information our readers can learn from. Include a personal anecdote if possible, and be sure to “hook” the reader into your article within the first couple of paragraphs.
- We very rarely publish articles that link to a website that is totally unrelated to pets.
- Sorry, but we will NOT link out to online stores selling pets-related merchandise. We will not reply to submissions containing links to online pet stores.
- Your writing should be completely your own and never published elsewhere.
- You may include one link to your website in your bio at the end, or toward the bottom third of the article if relevant. NEW for 2014: We no longer allow keyword-rich anchor text to your site — we’ll ask you to change the anchor text to something less spammy-looking, such as your company’s name or your own name.
- When we don’t publish something, it’s usually for one of three reasons:
- The topic was too simplistic or we’ve covered it thoroughly already (try a quick search of our site first).
- The article was, frankly, boring. It did not make us say, “Wow!”
- The article linked to a low-quality website, to a pet store, or to a website that is unrelated to pets.
- Additional Notes: We edit for grammar, style and clarity. Upon publication, your article automatically becomes the sole property of Pets Adviser. We may, at our discretion, apply a “nofollow” attribute to your link if we determine that your website’s quality has deteriorated since we originally published your article, or we may remove the article without notice.
Still with us? GREAT! Then by all means, submit your article now.
Remember, if you just write to ask IF we accept article submissions, we will not respond — sorry, but we get many such spammy emails, and we’d never get anything done around here if we had to respond to each one.
Know this: We DO accept amazing content — in fact, we love it! It’s win/win. So please attach your actual article now, using the form below. We will not publish anything without first discussing it with you, and we promptly respond to emails that include your article.
Notice: Your article submission via this form means you acknowledge and accept the terms above.