There are hundreds of different brands and types of shampoos for small dogs. These cleansers are made specifically for certain conditions pertaining to skin and coat. Here are 8 of the best:
1. SheaPet shea butter shampoo is ideal for dogs with very sensitive skin as well as for puppies. It is all natural and promotes a healthy coat that is soft and shiny. Shea butter shampoo also moisturizes the skin, which helps relieve itching and dryness.
2. Drs. Foster and Smith created a hypo-allergenic shampoo designed for dogs with allergies. There are no added colors or scents which makes this a wise choice for small dogs with allergic conditions.
3. The herbal shampoo made by U Dog U is a great solution for small dogs with dry skin. It is actually in bar form, which is quite different from the normal liquid cleanser. It contains aloe to help repair dry skin and other natural ingredients to repel bugs.
5. For the pet that sheds constantly, Vet’s Best anti-shedding shampoo is a good choice. The ingredients strengthen the dog hair follicles. It softens the skin and promotes a healthy shine for the coat. This shampoo is also recommended for senior canines that are beginning to experience a thinning of the coat. It significantly reduces the amount of shedding and coat loss.
6. Skunk Off shampoo is one of the best cleansers for removing skunk odor from your little dog’s coat and skin. It neutralizes the foul odor almost immediately but is safe for even the most sensitive skin as well as puppies over eight weeks of age.
7. Skin-eze is a wonderful shampoo developed by a veterinarian. It should be called a miracle shampoo! Skin-eze is all natural and kills dog fleas, ticks and lice. It also moisturizes and heals the skin. Many pet shampoos can do that, of course, but Skin-eze also reduces the amount of dander in the coat, hence eliminating the allergic owner’s problems. This is the best dog shampoo for allergic families that want to keep their beloved little pet.
8. Finally, one of the most veterinarian-recommended shampoos for small dogs and puppies for maintenance bathing is actually Johnson’s Baby Shampoo. You can buy it almost anywhere and is inexpensive. It does not sting the eyes and is gentle enough for puppies of any age.
There are many great shampoos but there is no single one “best shampoo for small dogs.” The one that works for your own little dog is the top shampoo for you to buy.